I don’t know about you, but one of my pet peeves is approaching a red light, coming to a complete stop, and…boom! It changes to green as soon as I suppress the brake! I personally would like to drive on roads with no lights or stop signs, though I am fully aware of their need and purpose. (I’d actually prefer a flying car!)
Understandably, we have all gone through moments of similar frustration to my streetlight dilemma during this unique season. Though things may feel a little undesirable, there’s certainly some heaven perspective to gain here as we wait at this long traffic light!
How did you feel when we received word that we were going to RED phase or were still in the RED? Were you RED with anger? Did you break out in hives that you were RED all over!!! Even though red is a great color for me, I struggled.
I struggled as a Christian, a mom, a wife, a pastor. Each part of me was disappointed and frustrated. Until…
…God reminded me that I’ve always been in the RED. Because of His great love for us, His son was brutally killed for me. Red blood dripped from his mangled body. That redemptive RED ran and met my heart and spirit one day, washing me white as snow. Blood that stains made me clean and white.
Man may be declaring that your county is still RED, but Heaven has covered you in divine RED. Social distancing is still a must and masks are still essential. But the government rests upon HIS shoulders. He ultimately will call the shots, and I’m happy to be covered in His RED!
- Ephesians 1:7-8 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding”
- Ephesians 2:13 “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”
- Hebrews 9:14 “How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!”
- I John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Is YELLOW leaving you kinda mellow? Can’t do much more than the week before and tired of it all? Turn your attention to the sun, a YELLOW flower, or wear something in the golden hue. This time of attentiveness and waiting will only prove to give you greater access in the Kingdom if you steward the approximated “wait time” well. YELLOW reminds us to proceed with caution. Slowing at a YELLOW light is comparable to a waiting room. God’s waiting room is full of His presence if you take a minute to notice. There is only one book on the table to read. His Word. It’s the prefect manual to beat the blues of “are we there yet?” Will you yield your heart long enough to hear His voice singing over you? His is quieting the anticipation that compels your foot to hit the gas when you know it isn’t yet time. The slower pace of this season hopefully gave you time well spent with Jesus.
Here’s some good reading while you wait….
- Romans 8:25 – “But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”
- Romans 12:12 – “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”
- Psalm 27:14 – “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
- Isaiah 30:18 – “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!”
- 2 Peter 3:8 – “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.”
When we move to reopen in the GREEN phase, how long will you have waited at your front door with your shoes on? Christ wants your same anticipation when it comes to the things of the spirit. When He gives you a green light in a desired area, do you drag your feet or move!!?
Just as we have always been “in the red,” covered by His blood, we, likewise have always had His GREEN light to “GO!”
Jesus gave a GREEN light in Matt 28, The Great Commission. The ultimate GO. “Go into all the world…” Well, our world sure does need a Savior! The “GO” reaches those who once served Him, but have turned away, and those who have yet to hear. I believe the church will rise in need and in numbers in this next season. But we have to be a strong, radiant and steadfast church so others “see our light and good deeds and glorify our God in Heaven.” (Matt 5:16.)
- Matthew 26:16-20 “Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
- 1 Peter 3:15“but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect”
SO ladies, start your engines! Look for the Lord in each phase. Ready, set and……..GO!!